WHAT IS ORAL CANCER?
Oral cancer, otherwise called mouth cancer, is an abnormal group of cells which develops in the mouth, including the lips, the surface of the tongue, the roof and the floor of your mouth. It can also develop in the tonsils, salivary glands and the beginning of the throat.
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF MOUTH CANCER?
• Mouth ulcers that do not heal
• Swelling in your mouth
• Red or white (or both) patches
• Unexplained pain
• Pain while chewing or swallowing
• Difficulty moving your jaw or tongue
• Numbness of the tongue or other areas in the mouth